Suzuki FZ50 Turn Signal Issue Persists

So, I got the blinkers working on it temporarily, then they stopped working. Terminal is making good contact. I made sure of that. Also, the blinkers work perfectly fine when the turn signal housing is split open and not touching the handlebars. However, as soon as I so much as touch the housing to the other half, or the handlebars, they stop working. It’s as if the handlebars are drawing energy from the battery. Another interesting thing is that the horn doesn’t work unless the housing is touching the handlebars. I am so bewildered by this. Please help me hahaha.

Re: Suzuki FZ50 Turn Signal Issue Persists

Sounds like a short somewhere .

So, I just looked at the wiring diagram and saw that what I believe to be the ground goes through the headlight and highbeam indicator. I currently have the headlight and highbeam indicator disconnected, so that is probably my issue, right?

897EB087-AC42-45FA-A096-68E53B833E2D.jpeg

I'd put everything back to stock and see where that gets you .

Right on! I’m with ya’. Thanks for responding btw, it’s much appreciated. I have a headlight coming in this week, but having a hard time finding the high beam indicator because it’s discontinued.

« Go to Topic — end of thread