Two questions

D72B0F2D-F845-40F1-B375-89DC792B3ADB.jpeg

Are these old weatherproof splice connectors? They look original. Also I seen on WIKI and have been told by members to grind off the tabs. I don’t understand why, or why they are there?

Re: Two questions

The blue one looks bad. Just cut em both off and slip shrink tape over the new connections you make. Electricians tape over the shrink if you want.

those rubbers slide into the bottom metal piece, to isolated them from vibration n getting cut up on the metal.

> pat splat Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> those rubbers slide into the bottom metal piece, to isolated them from

> vibration n getting cut up on the metal.

Pat is correct . Those are 'protectors' .

If they can be slid off the wires and onto new wires , that would be ideal .

Or , slice them lengthwise , end to end , and remove them so they can be applied to new wire .

That^ , if you're renewing the wiring . If you intend using the old wire , just slip them through the holes so they can do as they were intended and re-work the wires for proper connections and insulation .

Agreed , that blue wire needs help .

Ok, been reading the manual. I guess that is extra support for the engine mount bolt so the metal doesn't wear faster due to vibration I guess. Yes I'm going to replace both wires while waiting for parts. ;)(edited)

Drill out those aluminum rivets and remove the steel plate, that will allow the engine to slide in the slots for belt adjustment.(edited)

Before I tossed these connectors, I noticed the ends looked like grommets. Looked at the subframe and found where they belong. They kept the wires from moving and getting cut. The connectors are inside. Also the blue wire I followed to the headlight was exposed along the harness. I'm thinking that might've been shorting out.

Good eye Pat! I greased them with Dawn soap and pulled them out. Soaking them in it .Tomorrow all new wire. What threw is, they were just hanging I just held them up for the picture. Now I know. 8)

So I also noticed tape, not always a good thing. Rewired it. I’m pretty sure something was grounding out. This blue & green wire went to taillight.

D82AC661-0A35-401B-A455-5E174FF90794.jpeg
D82AC661-0A35-401B-A455-5E174FF90794.jpeg
« Go to Topic — end of thread