Rebuilt mo2 very stiff.

Rebuilt my morini mo2. Replaced every seal and bearing and threw a kit on it. Is it normal for a fresh motor to be kind of hard to pedal. Feels very stiff and seems to want to engage the clutch even when the clutch lever isn't being pulled. Any ideas??

Re: Rebuilt mo2 very stiff.

You must have something out of order. Shims gotta be right. Everything lubed up. That starter clutch bearing spring must be strong to back off when you let off.

I believe everything is in order and the clutch engaging bearing piece is strong. I guess I'll have to tare it back down.

Yeah,deserves another look. Nowadays with recording cell phones and video, we should always keep a record of every part and shim and the order it was in when removed.

It runs and shifts now! Nothing was wrong! Just tight dry seals.

That's great! Make sure the starter clutch lever has to be almost completely pulled before it grips and turns over the engine. Too much tightness wears on the starter clip,bearing and cable.

Here's little update on beau's m02, beau past away a moth or so ago now, his family has gave me the moped since I helped him rebuild it. We had thought a seal popped out on it so I tore it down not to find that seal blown by while it was apart inspected the bearings and one wasn't completely in it was sticking the final drive gear where the sprocket shaft runs on why it was sticking id say, also found the pedal shaft engager thingy was out of place so time to rework it and get it done right! His memory will live on with this moped. Thanks all for the help(edited)

https://mopedarmy.com/riders/moriniman76/

Erik, I am SO sorry to hear of Beau's passing away. Thanks for letting us know. Keep the bike A1 forever. don

Thanks don, gonna finish the it they way he wanted even know it's not what I specialize in but this bike means alot to me!

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account