1976 Moto Guzzi Robin Carburetor

I'm looking to replace and possibly upgrade my carburetor and am trying to figure out if I should buy the 14.9 dellorto carburetor or what would be a better optioning anyone has any recommendations that would be helpful

Re: 1976 Moto Guzzi Robin Carburetor

♣Slew Foot♣ /

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I mean it works for what it does Regular ShA would work fine unless you can get it and have a better upgraded pipe that's compatible with the Sha I think you would be better off rejetting it and cleaning it and reset the timing if you have to buy a better atomizer for the one you have if you look in the wiki there are ways to upgrade the carburetor you have it just takes a little time and a little patience Moe's performance boost you'll get is if you decarbonise the pipe and the exhaust port put in new rings get it honed before you put the new rings in make sure you Gap the Rings properly make sure all your seals are good do a leak down test upgrade the intake and or reeds then the carburetor if you kit it...and get a better pipe.

For sure and thanks for the part diagrams but I think Im gonna buy the stock carb to get it running again then I'll go from there power wise

Replace the 14:9 with a 14:10 at least, that will give you more than 20mph out of the bike at least. Finding a 14:9 is difficult and will be more $ than a 14:10, 14:12, 14;14 or a 15:15 because it is an unpopular size because it is used as a restriction for mopeds to keep them at 20mph rating.

Just saying

Where can I find the 14.10 or the others are they clones or am I looking for a certain brand

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Dellorto 14/12 carb with a 12mm intake and you'll be all set

For sure that's a way better route instead of paying 50 or 60 bucks for the 14.9 dellorto it looks like I'm gonna be paying twenty bucks tops

Never mind that's the clone that's real cheap

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account