Treats cdi timing too advanced

I just installed the treats e50 cdi party pack version two and I can’t get the timing less than 40 degrees advanced. I fallowed the wiring from treats, also ran kill wire to coil prong. Moved brown wire to front on stator and switched bolts. I’ve tried to rotate stator in all direction but still too advanced. Anyone have an idea what to do next. I used piston stop to find tdc and a timing light.

Re: Treats cdi timing too advanced

Yea run your flywheel unkeyed!

What I like to do is find where the flywheel is firing a put a line with a sharpie thrue the case and flywheel also put an f on the flywheel. Then with a timing tool set your piston at little before top dead center. Now just line up the f on the flywheel with the case line.(edited)

> Rocco Taco Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Yea run your flywheel unkeyed!

>

> What I like to do is find where the flywheel is firing a put a line with

> a sharpie thrue the case and flywheel also put an f on the flywheel.

> Then with a timing tool set your piston at little before top dead

> center. Now just line up the f on the flywheel with the case line.

Im sorry I’m really tired.

To find where the flywheel is firing use a sharpie and a timing light. Put one line on the case and don’t erase it, this will be your point of reference. Now put multiple lines on the flywheel and number them. Now try to see if one of the marks is close to the case line when the light flashes. Keep drawing lines on the flywheel until one of the lines matches up perfecto with the case line when the light flashes ( you can use alcohol if you start to draw to many lines).

If your only 40degress off just turn the flywheel counterclockwise a very tiny amount and check it. Note* your timing tape will be all fucked up when moving the flywheel so yo have to reset the timing tape every time you move the flywheel(edited)

Thanks. I’m working late will give that a shot in the morning

Thanks taco. I’ve had a shit eating grin on my face for 4 hours. That was fun. 14 degree at idle, 22 under throttle. 70cc treats, 15mm bing, technigas exhaust. I think 78 jet, probably should jet down a little. Has great take off, really surprised. Can’t open it up yet, need to check everything. Just put it together. Thanks for the advice, means a lot.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account