PA50II carburetor fuel inlet loose

Jessie Paull /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

So I'm working on my first moped that currently does not run - I picked up a '79 Honda Hobbit from a guy who said it probably just needed a cleaned carb.

I've been reading through all the threads and wikis on this bike, and after looking the bike over I think that a bad compression lever may be the issue (seems to be seized at the cylinder). I've already checked that it has spark, and it does start to turn over like it wants to start.

Looking at the carb I noticed the brass fuel inlet on the side is extremely loose and freely slides in and out.

At some point someone installed new petcock and fuel line, and the guy I bought it from cleaned the carb at some point too. I'm wondering if the loose fuel inlet is normal, or if this could be causing fuel and/or air leaks? If this is not normal, how exactly would I go about fixing it? I imagine I would have to pull the whole carb?(edited)

IMG_20190707_122516.jpg
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account