Honda urban express no full throttle (1982) nu50m

Joshua Paulding /

So I've done alot of reading on this forum and I haven't come up with any good answers as to why, when going around 25 mph I get a hard cut in motor power. The engine will spool up to what feels like almost full power then cut, lower rpm and then throttle back up and cut again. At half throttle it will run perfect, and it idles fine. I checked the petcock and it flows fine. A few of my concerns are, I put premix into the gas tank but I still think the auto mixer might still be mixing more into the carb, maybe that's whats creating the issue. The auto choke hoses don't seem to be connected properly, and when I put them in the right place it runs worse

IMG_20190707_134904.jpg
IMG_20190707_134852.jpg

Re: Honda urban express no full throttle (1982) nu50m

Captain Janeway /

Your friend. Read it. Seriously. It will show you your autochoke hose setup.

From the way I'm reading your note, it sounds like you have your oil injector on with the premix? Your plug's probably a black, filthy mess. If this is the case, just fix that first. Read up on four stroking.

The autochoke is only going to affect you when you start it up. I already see one hose missing

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vxdUocvohov-VU1KVuOY-9YquFpw7fok

And when you get that all cleared up, go buy a half gallon or less of kerosene ($2) to spray on that motor. Use an old spray bottle. Let soak for a day while re misting to keep wet. Then go to dollar store and look for LA's awesome cleaner $3 half gallon. Spray that on heavy and let soak for 30 minutes or so then rinse.

It'll look like 1982 again. Do cover up that carb before starting though.(edited)

Are you running an air filter on that thing? Ditto on cleaning it up before proceeding.

Before and after...

Note the chunk missing off case from broken chain.

20170426_010618.jpg
20170428_013109.jpg

Captain Janeway /

Nice. I usually just use Dawn and elbow grease with sometimes some brake cleaner. Yours is REALLY clean!

Jack Rutherford /
autochoke.jpg

Ah, the dreaded double post. You've connected your auto choke #4 hose to the fuel overflow. See pic above for where it should be connected. And you are four stroking at full throttle.(edited)

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account