How should I unbolt my Minarelli V1? How should I remove the Chain etc?

I have all the sockets and tools to take apart the engine but I'm not sure how I should approach removing the chain so I can unbolt it with ease. Should I simply use chain cutters? or should I unbolt the rear shocks and try to remove the bike chain that way?

IMG_1588[1].JPG

Re: How should I unbolt my Minarelli V1? How should I remove the Chain etc?

Should be a master link on there. Find it and pop the clip off with a screwdriver, pliers, whatever.

It is possible there is no master link but it's pretty uncommon. If that is the case, I'd just cut off the chain and buy a new 415 chain that has a master link.

Re: How should I unbolt my Minarelli V1? How should I remove the Chain etc?

Once you deal with the chain, use a flat blade screwdriver to loosen the carburator and slide it off of the intake.

Loosen the nut connecting the clutch cable and slide the cable out.

Disconnect the spark plug wire from the plug.

Next is the exhaust; Either remove the 2 bolts where it connects to the cylinder or the one bolt/nut where it connects to the frame.

Disconnect the 3 wires from the magneto.

Three bolts hold the engine onto the frame, 2 on the top and one on the bottom rear, usually 13 mm. Loosen all 3 and remove TWO of the bolts completely until you are ready to actually lower the motor. The motor isn't too heavy, but you certainly don't want to drop it. Remove the final bolt when you have help or feel confident you won't drop it. If the engine or frame is cruddy, it might take a little wiggling to get the motor to come down.

Clean motor, rebuild, kit, or do whatever one does with a loose V1.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account