A3 rebuild - bearing grease?

1980 tomos A3

What do I need to do for lubrication/grease for L17a crank bearings seen in this link and in picture below?

http://www.mopedjunkyard.com/2pc-Crankshaft-bearing-L17A_p_2238.html

Also, these other bearings inside of crank case... Do I pack them with grease or does the transmission fluid serve as their lubrication?

IMG_1767.jpg
IMG_1768.jpg

Re: A3 rebuild - bearing grease?

I use Lucas oil stabilizer. It's thick enough where it won't drip off before you go to start it.

For bearings inside the crank case I use a little dropper and put a light coat of 2 stroke oil on them prior to assembly. Same with needle bearing in the big end and small end of the crank.

For the bearings in the transmission case I use another dropper and coat them in the transmission fluid I plan to be running prior to assembly.

dont grease no moped engine bearings.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Marvel Mystery Oil for assembly because they get lubricated by the fuel when running

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

Simple short n sweet answer:

-Oil the crank bearings with 2 stroke oil

-Dont worry about the transmission bearings, they sit in a bath of oil and dont need to be pre-lubricated

I use a secret blend of Heilmans real mayo and the tears of a pregnant mermaid.

Thank you all for your input (well except themotorhead, lol)

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Man I hate when they get secret recipes wrong it's supposed to be the tears of a recently defiled woman and I believe the ancient Sumerian chant called for spooge from an excited bull, Hellman's mayonnaise I guess that's the equivalent example

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account