Re: My jawa 210 has spark, compression, and fuel in the cylinder but wont fire

Blukas Lukas /

Most likely thats just the springs on the 2nd speed are weak, thanks for now. Im thinking about registering it, another one will be back on the road(edited)

Blukas Lukas /

Yep, to this day, its still driving strong, starting first kick, drove like 20 miles with zero problems, just have to replace some out burned out lamps

finely got the bike to run, i bought a used stator with the lighting coils, at first would not spark, changed things around, my old lighting coils, with the used stator, which had a tatty pulse coil, soldered the red and yellow wire, then connected to the thryristor with the built in coil, still no spark, played around with the cut out switch wires, earth connections, suddenly it sparked at the plug. could not believe it. after over 5 weeks struggle,

but cannot put a finger on exactly the cause. when i get some patience back, i may put some of the old parts back, a piece at a time to see if i can recreate the fault. i think it was probably the pulse pick up coil, but when i tried the new stator with new the new built in pulse coil from treats, it still would not spark,

so a combination of other faults it would seem. trial and error. scooters with a separate pick up coil are lucky, east to change and carry a spare. and to test on the bench. bike runs well no misse fires, starts and ticks over perfectly, would still like to know what the initial fault was though. let you know if i find out.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account