v1 low compression- won't start

derek cuellar /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

SOS-

1. I have gas.

2. I have spark.

3. I believe my compression is low.

4. wiring is fine I just re did it.

I put my finger in the spark plug hole and peddled the with my arm while I had the clutch held down with a zip-tie and the piston failed to push my finger out, although I did feel it slightly try. Is this a good enough test?

Okay Okay, after taking apart the cylinder many of times and trying to put new piston rings on to only find out that I have the "rare 38.7mm" stock size piston, then ordering the (2) correct size rings and breaking one of them trying to put them on. I ask you guys, should my v1 be able to run with 1 old ring and 1 new ring? I already tried to start the bike like this but it never turned over.

The only solutions I can think of to fix this, is to obviously purchase another ring, but I'm also afraid of it being a carb issue as well. Am I wrong about this? Honestly I'm about done with trying to get this thing to run now, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS: If anyone has the v1 38.7mm ring for the low. lmk! Or if you are in NYC and want to help a brother out, I'll repay you beer and/or smoke you out (420 friendly guys).

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account