Re: Just joined the Moped Army - tons a first timer questions

Overpriced Parts /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Looks like you got a magnum mkll not magnum II

Choke slide needs to be clipped into lever/rod or it will fall down and bike won’t idle,

You push rod down to start cold, most all puchs with bing carbs after they sit enough to get cold like overnight for a few hours and still need the choke for a second or two.

The rod comes up when you turn throttle and after that you sill may need to pull by hand last 1/16 of if it sticks/stays down a bit,

You only need to have choke down for a few seconds after start then rev throttle to pull up,

Start when hot by full open throttle and release

Full throttle pull on some stock throttles can be 21mm if carb is only 14mm and idle screws adjusted for 2 mm open then throttle only will have to pull 12mm so only turning 1/2-3/4 the way,

Ya you could be lean at 62jet similar setups I run with performance pipe go 68 to 72 but make sure you have a 14mm intake,

Here is my 2 speed magnum that has stock cylinder most parts and pipe,

If your magnum don’t run somewhere close to the magnum in this crappy video,

Your bike actually should pull and be faster than one in video considering you have an expensive pipe and or maybe a kit on your bike, mine don’t (and it was hard for me to have a good run holding a old crap phone with one hand and riding one handed) then if not then your magnum MKII is not running good add or running right,

Mine starts easy too when cold basically one or two kicks with the choke on just for a second then soon as it comes to life I blip the throttle releasing/pulling the choke up,

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Just joined the Moped Army - tons a first timer questionsTopic by: Jordan Carter Jordan Carter 08/03/19 03:39PM
  Re: Just joined the Moped Army - tons a first timer questionsRe: Don Ohio Don Ohio 08/03/19 04:42PM
  Re: Just joined the Moped Army - tons a first timer questionsRe: Rebel Moby Rebel Moby 08/03/19 05:14PM
  Re: Just joined the Moped Army - tons a first timer questionsRe: Jordan Carter Jordan Carter 08/03/19 08:02PM
  Re: Just joined the Moped Army - tons a first timer questionsRe: Seth B Seth B 08/04/19 01:21AM
  Re: Just joined the Moped Army - tons a first timer questionsRe: Rebel Moby Rebel Moby 08/04/19 09:22AM
  Re: Just joined the Moped Army - tons a first timer questionsRe: Daniel '' Daniel '' 08/04/19 01:05PM
  Re: Just joined the Moped Army - tons a first timer questionsRe: Overpriced Parts Overpriced Parts 08/03/19 08:41PM
  Re: Just joined the Moped Army - tons a first timer questionsRe: Jordan Carter Jordan Carter 08/03/19 10:14PM
  Re: Just joined the Moped Army - tons a first timer questionsRe: ♣Slew Foot♣ ♣Slew Foot♣ 08/04/19 12:49AM
  Re: Just joined the Moped Army - tons a first timer questionsRe: Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" 08/04/19 08:39AM
  Re: Just joined the Moped Army - tons a first timer questionsRe: Marc Friedman Marc Friedman 08/04/19 02:54PM
  Re: Just joined the Moped Army - tons a first timer questionsRe: Daniel '' Daniel '' 08/04/19 04:17PM
  Re: Just joined the Moped Army - tons a first timer questionsRe: Marc Friedman Marc Friedman 08/04/19 04:25PM
  Re: Just joined the Moped Army - tons a first timer questionsRe: Jordan Carter Jordan Carter 08/04/19 03:52PM
  Re: Just joined the Moped Army - tons a first timer questionsRe: Jordan Carter Jordan Carter 08/04/19 07:13PM
  Re: Just joined the Moped Army - tons a first timer questionsRe: Overpriced Parts Overpriced Parts 08/04/19 08:56PM
  Re: Just joined the Moped Army - tons a first timer questionsRe: Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) 08/07/19 08:49AM
  Re: Just joined the Moped Army - tons a first timer questionsRe: Jordan Carter Jordan Carter 08/04/19 09:08PM
  Re: Just joined the Moped Army - tons a first timer questionsRe: Rebel Moby Rebel Moby 08/05/19 09:38AM
  Re: Just joined the Moped Army - tons a first timer questionsRe: Jeff Parr Jeff Parr 08/06/19 02:51PM
  Re: Just joined the Moped Army - tons a first timer questionsRe: Jordan Carter Jordan Carter 08/07/19 08:21AM
  Re: Just joined the Moped Army - tons a first timer questionsRe: Mike Boyd Mike Boyd 08/07/19 12:37PM
  Re: Just joined the Moped Army - tons a first timer questionsRe: Jordan Carter Jordan Carter 08/07/19 06:26PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account