I just purchased a 1979 Puch Magnum II and wanted to create a thread to ask many questions I have as a new owner. I've read several of the wikis and also watched many youtube videos, but I've still got a bunch of new questions as a new rider/owner. I would appreciate any and all feedback on the below:
1) Rich/Lean: I'm having a really hard time figuring this out. I've attached a picture or the plug if that helps.
2) Oil on Spark Plug: I'm noticing oil around the spark plug. Is this normal?
3) Adjusting the throttle: I've noticed that sometimes pulling all the way on the throttle is actually less gas than twisting it ~85% of the way, is there a method to adjust this?
4) Springs for Brakes / throttle: the brake can be a bit sticky where the brake levers stick a bit after I've released them (same thing for the throttle). How can I increase the tension on these?
5) Choke: I have ta 1/14/164 bing Carb, and am unsure how to use the choke. The engine doesn't seem to idle well with the choke pushed all the way down. Where should this choke slide be positioned for typical riding and how is it used? (note: I edited this post to add this last question)