Suzuki Fa50 1989 won’t fire

I recently bought a 1989 Suzuki Fa50. It fired on the first kick and ran great when I tested it. It was laid down on its side in the trunk for about an hour on the way home. Now it won’t fire at all. It’s sparking and sounds like it’s very close to firing. I’ve tried all the tricks I can think of from letting the spark plug air out in case it was flooded, checking the air filter, cleaning the carb. Nothing has gotten it to turn over. Any and all suggestions greatly appreciated!

Re: Suzuki Fa50 1989 won’t fire

Is this bike completely stock ?

Gas getting to the carb ?

Try putting the petcock in the prime position .

Check the exhaust for being clear . Run a rod or something stiff into the tail pipe , all the way to the front of the muffler .

Alright so I was able to get it to fire on the first kick by putting in a new spark plug. I got a few blocks down the road and it randomly turned off and wouldn’t kick start again. So I walked it home and trouble shooted. It will only fire when I coat the spark plug in carb cleaner. How do I prevent it from turning off when I’m riding?

> P D Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

Is this bike completely stock ?

Gas getting to the carb ?

Try putting the petcock in the prime position .

Check the exhaust for being clear . Run a rod or something stiff into

the tail pipe , all the way to the front of the muffler .(edited)

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account