V2 epic failure

Got it together, tried to start, nada. I mustard broke something inside tho I heard nothing. I pulled the plug, peddled by hand and the piston not moving, getting a flashlite for a better look. Bummer.

Re: V2 epic failure

Checked it out. It's doing the same as Nathan's Grande in a thread on here. Going to check it out.

Need more info... What's going on? Belts probably slipping, or? Try turning flywheel or variator by hand, not pedal crank. Your engine is tight and new, with good compression. Your belt needs to grip good to turn the motor over when you pedal.

Ok Seth, I see what you mean. I just went out and tried. Before I was just twisting the variator to make sure I didn't strip the woodruff key,then tried to petal. I walked away from it for today so I wouldn't lose my cool. It's just one of those things. Tomorrow I 'll unlock it and work on it again. Try too tighten the engine a little more forward. It's all shined up,but just won't go. Yet. 8)

It really doesn't sound like an engine issue, or anything major really. The piston will move if the crank turns, so if the piston isn't going up and down, you're not turning the crank when you pedal. Has to be start shoes or belt slipping. Take a break, and you'll see what's wrong when you look with fresh eyes.

Ok, cracked the spark plug and shot some 2stroke oil in, I let it work in while I sanded the clutch shoes and clean the bell. Put it all together and it was close! I was shocked.I did it.it almost fired. Then it maybe seized. So I got the front up a little shot more oil and ill let it set overnite. But I'm not disappointed. Nope, I didn't think it would even kick over, but there she was. Hopefully, tomorrow it'll unlock . Thanks for all the tips, pokes, pics, couldn't done it without the Moped Army. 8)(edited)

I really, really don't think your engine is seizing/ seized. It hasn't even started, or built up enough friction to seize. It's gotta be in your start clutch, or wait..!. Check this:

Is your variator binding against the subframe? If you forgot the little spacer first, the variator will bind against the subframe and you won't be able to turn it over.

But I don't believe there is any way your piston is seizing in the cylinder. That requires heat expansion, and yours hasn't even fired. Even with completely dry assembly the piston isn't going to seize by turning the engine over by hand or pedal.

Nothing epic, nothing to see, move along...;)

Are you using the decomp lever while your pedaling it?

Always Joe, also I double checked the spacer ,it's there. Seth was asking about it. I set my other Bravo up beside it. The variator moves freely, no trouble. I have to really put the big ugly to V2 it's stiff as a corpse. Hopefully letting it set an oiled up helps, I try tomorrow. But it looks good! 8)

89A915E9-6BFE-4A2F-82AA-0FB0911AE547.jpeg

Well, it was moving great after an hour turning the pully by hand for an hour. Then I put the plug in, turned maybe half an hour. Figured it’s gonna start. Fuck no. Right back to freezing up. So I pull the plug start twisting, tight again.got it moving but something is scraping. So I’m walking away from it , cleaning my basement bench up and going to break it down. I gots to know! PS little tike is glad for the company!

A9BA5EB9-7478-4D8E-8EA8-1C251A3F9C6E.jpeg
0258F426-EB87-4AE8-861F-79ED0B6D4D3F.jpeg
0258F426-EB87-4AE8-861F-79ED0B6D4D3F.jpeg
51063530-EA95-4DC8-B92B-5D55EB0C4E2C.jpeg

Well, it was the ignition got all chewed up! I musta did something wrong . In the pics you’ll see the fiber chewed off. Also the ends of the coils. The little coil plates are spread on one end. And check out the flywheel. What could have happened?!

The flywheel may not have been seated on the crank taper. With that rust on the crank you will probably want to lap the flywheel to the crank with valve grinding compound. The Woodruff key may be too large keeping the taper from seating.

Okay, but I'm thinking the coils are shot did you get a good look at them? PS , I'm happy that it did fire for a second! 8)(edited)

That crank though.

Blast all the shavings out with compressed air and run it after you address that shitty crank.

Yep, yep, that crank didn't photo too well, but I'm gonna get grinding compound like Joe said, and clean it up. I've got new keys also ,so it'll be replaced ... keep on keeping on....

Those coils can be used again . I would 'dress' the core radii ( ends) . Smooth them .

Do the same to the inside of the flywheel and remove as much of the shavings/shards as possible , like live said . It should perform without issue once the crank and flywheel tapers are dealt with .

Will do, hope to post better results! BTW, how do you post videos here?

> Les B. Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Will do, hope to post better results! BTW, how do you post videos here?

Filmstrip with arrow head icon above post entry box far right. This site does not host videos so you will have to link to YouTube with that icon after you have your video on YouTube.

Short gif's on the the other hand can be uploaded to this site using the "choose image" button below post entry box.

« Go to Topic — end of thread