Maxi just stopped running...

I have been working on an E50 maxi. Got it running well. Then it just stopped working. Still has spark and it’s not seized. It just stopped running in the middle of a ride and wouldn’t start again. After it died, I checked the fuel, and it was a little clouded, so I drained the tank, rinsed it again with vinegar and gas, and cleaned the carb. No luck. I’ll run back through the whole thing again, but I’m wondering what people might think it could be based on what I’ve described...

Thanks!

Re: Maxi just stopped running...

i'd try a new plug, check compression and check timing. cloudy gas sounds like wet gas though and maybe it's still wet in there.

How would I check compression? If it was “wet in there,” would it just dry out in time our would I need to take apart the top end?

Check spark, if that’s nice and healthy, Run a good paper filter in-line and get rid of the tiny filter in the banjo (where the fuel line attaches) on the Bing, assuming you have the stock carb.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account