bead blasted cases

talked a local metal finisher who usually only does medical equipment into blasting some e50 cases for me

it was the end of the week glass bead change anyway so contamination wasnt an issue and he gave 'em a quick blow over

they came out pretty good (the pitting was there before and those lines are case imperfections)

still dont know what im going to do with them finish-wise so toss me some ideas

20190816_151918.jpg
20190816_151939.jpg

Re: bead blasted cases

Brad William /

Not expert at this. Sand or bead blast on any internal surfaces of an engine requires CLEAN CLEAN and CLEAN again so that nothing is left behind to get suspended in the oil. Soda blasting is preferred. But the e50 is so simple, with so few nooks/crannies/passageways that it's not going to matter much really.

Cleats Onionpockets /

Nice! I did mine a year ago, and this is how they came out after painting with enamel.

20180423_125903.jpg
31960276_10216443807995625_8464598856368128_n.jpg

are the cyl & head painted too?

hows it holding up?

I know its too late now and you had to work with what was available to you. Vapor blasting is the current choice for cast aluminum. Notice the sheen compared to bead blasting. Just something to keep in mind in the future. Google it and you wont be able to stop looking at the pics.

811f81_d422069c40624196bde2f1dd2518782e.jpg

im well aware of vaporblasting and its benefits, it's also significantly more expensive than free.

Frame them and mount in living room? They look super fine.

Plz just don’t paint it!

Any ideas? umm rebuild it now

polish them! they're begging to be polished.

Hydro dipping.

zh8nl3lltmfz.jpg
FWRDVGZJHATKZ5X.LARGE.jpg
Screenshot_2019-08-17-08-19-30.png

(edited)

> live ɘvil Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Hydro dipping.

> >

Tie die without the tie . ;)

> P D Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > live ɘvil Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Hydro dipping.

>

> > >

>

> Tie die without the tie . ;)

Ya, the blue one was done with actual paint instead of a sheet.

the only hydro dip pattern id be interested in is the Treats acid sheet design

wanna wrap my stock streetmate in it and ride around dressed like Dr Teeth

20190817_092351.jpg

did a little case matching today and experimented with some rouge, tripoli, and blue cream polish (in that order) on the cases

one quick pass with each and all of maybe 10 mins later it polished up real easy like

this is a winter project so im in no rush, just gonna take my time and polish the shit out of everything

20190818_190320.jpg

How durable is the hydro dipping ?

***Kim Jong Uno*** /

It's pretty god damn durable. But, it's paint like anything else. The image is transferred onto paint, then hit with a few coats of clear. Resists gas like paint but it can still be scratched like paint

20180810_230946.jpg
20180813_222042.jpg
20170901_180520(0).jpg

***Kim Jong Uno*** /

I've done a few bikes with hydroprinting now, and I've also done some hydro blasted motors. Hydroblasting is definitely better, but if you don't polish it afterwards, it just kinda looks like silver spray paint. Gotta put in the time afterwards to shine it. The aluminum buffs out to a mirror finish if you do it right.

20160423_114021.jpeg
received_383583239158765.jpeg

that looks like quality stuff. did you print the film yourself or give a shop the graphics?

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account