No spark on my tomos a3 bullet

I'm getting no spark on my 1985 tomos a3 bullet, I cleaned points,got new condenser,cleaned flywheel and stator, and still no spark, brake lights and tail lights not blown, I need sone help on getting a spark

15662389775621250192939.jpg

Re: No spark on my tomos a3 bullet

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Blue black wire that runs to the tail to the frame blue black wire on the tail grounded to the frame Wawa you have spark if you look under where the bulbs are there is a ceramic resistor that failed or is cracked basically you have to rewire your brake circuit to use the frame as ground otherwise the high-tension coil relies on the resistance Factor from the tail so that it can spark if all your bulbs are good and the wiring is good it's that resistor it could also be the wiring going to the tail that runs through the frame and comes out in the wheel well is all frayed inside and grounding out in that case you need to run all new wires hope it helps the wiki upstairs in the pull down menu go to Tomos get the service manual and the wiring diagrams but basically it's that blue black wire just run it to the ground on the frame on the bolt that the HT is mounted on and the rear Central Terminal on the tail should be mounted to the fender it should be good like that and run but you might need a ground strap to the frame from the engine depending on whether it has rubber bushings or the paints non-conductive

https://www.doscycles.com/products/tail-light-resistor

This is the resistor in the tail light ^^^ he's talking about. Try grounding the blue wire coming out of the stator to the frame and see if it fires. Also make sure all the wires going to the tail light have a really good connection.

I grounded my blue wire fron the stator to the frame and still no spark

15665850281181818106332.jpg

The resistor is good and the wiring is ok and still bo spark

> joseph eakin Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> The resistor is good and the wiring is ok and still bo spark

It's either the points need cleaning or bad condenser

Those old cev ignitions are also prone to burning up the primary coils after 40+ years of service.

take a look at stock wiring and use the same colr wires, makes life easier. also tuck wires from moving parts. sometimes the mounting points on coils are grounded through mounts.

Just get the za50 Puch cdi and time it with no woodruff key. Done.

I cleaned points and condenser and no spark

Is their a way to test the coil, and which one is the primary coil

15666635310981040341695.jpg

♣Slew Foot♣ /

You do have all your lights working? You should ground the blue on the tail it's the frame also so it completes the resistance Factor the fire of the high-tension coil after that I'd say check your points and your condenser if you didn't already and check the feeler foot on the points

The blue wire is grounded, all of the lights are not blown, points are gapped, and condenser is new

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Disconnect your kill switch I mean the whole circuit run those black wire instead of that wiring harness that you have it running into run it right to the coil from the Magneto that will tell you if the coil is bad or not get a 9 volt battery put the negative to the ground of the bike the frame and then you take the positive and you trigger on the HT signal Inn with the positive it should Spark if it doesn't itch or high tension coil shot after that I would isolate the ignition coil and run a double A battery or even the nine vault through it it should magnetized if it's good

In that^ pic , it looks as if the connection of blue wire and coil could be touching the points spring . That connection and the spring has to be insulated from each other .

Make sure the points are pristine clean . Brake cleaner followed by a clean dollar bill drawn through closed points usually cleans them for me .

It only takes a finger print to foul points .

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account