throttle not returning after changing handle bar(84 puch maxi, 'ideal' throttle)

noah wingren /

hey all, i'm back with another amateur mistake

i was just now switching out the handlebar on my bike for a taller, stock one. i had some trouble getting the throttle setup to reach the bar, and now it doesn't return. did i break the cable? or loosen something? i'm ordering another cable right now just in case but hoping the fix is something faster as i use this bike to commute.

thank you!

IMG_2701.JPG
IMG_2702.JPG

Re: throttle not returning after changing handle bar(84 puch maxi, 'ideal' throttle)

noah wingren /

here's a video, sorry for my extremely haunted location & dark documentation

let me know if more information or images are needed to diagnose!

Re: throttle not returning after changing handle bar(84 puch maxi, 'ideal' throttle)

Seems like your cable/housing isn't long enough for the taller bars...

noah wingren /

that.... makes sense. so i guess i have to replace the cable? oh boy another learning experience

The cable housing is at too sharp an angle coming out of the throttle bend .

That might be enough friction to stop the inner cable from moving freely .

noah wingren /

ah ok, so maybe if i can get enough slack to have it follow the line of the bend it will work? i'll give it a shot, likely will need a longer cable. i can google myself but if anybody can link me resources for replacing throttle cable for a throttle/bike like this that'd be greatly appreciated

Maybe Walmart bicycle cable pack ?

They seem to work pretty good .

A bicycle derailleur cable makes a perfect throttle cable. Or you can buy an actual throttle cable, and many more moped goodies, at Treatland.tv

noah wingren /

yeah i ordered one from treatland before i even made the thread just in case, here's hoping for quick shipping!

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account