Lifting the General? Or mopeds in general? (Awful pun, I know)

Conor Hassett /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Got this rusty lil' snack running this past weekend and now I bide all my free time drooling over upgrades online. Shocks are all chewed-up and absolutely need replacing, but since I'm 6'2'', I wanted know first: what are the intricacies of lifting a moped a few more inches?

As it stands, I think the stock shocks on the General are 280mm - if I got taller ones (say, 300mm), is there a way to level the bike without breaking bank on a new fork? Or can I just adjust mine (also stock) to meet that new height? Is the answer larger wheels? Guessing the answer to all this is probably "suck it up, chief: mopeds are small," but if anyone (especially you lanky bean-pole riders out there) could weigh in on how to make this thing look like less of a toy, it would much appreciated.

Image from iOS (12).jpg
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account