Lifting the General? Or mopeds in general? (Awful pun, I know)

Got this rusty lil' snack running this past weekend and now I bide all my free time drooling over upgrades online. Shocks are all chewed-up and absolutely need replacing, but since I'm 6'2'', I wanted know first: what are the intricacies of lifting a moped a few more inches?

As it stands, I think the stock shocks on the General are 280mm - if I got taller ones (say, 300mm), is there a way to level the bike without breaking bank on a new fork? Or can I just adjust mine (also stock) to meet that new height? Is the answer larger wheels? Guessing the answer to all this is probably "suck it up, chief: mopeds are small," but if anyone (especially you lanky bean-pole riders out there) could weigh in on how to make this thing look like less of a toy, it would much appreciated.

Image from iOS (12).jpg

Re: Lifting the General? Or mopeds in general? (Awful pun, I know)

I’m 6’3”. Mopeds are small. Some are larger than others. Get a bigger one. Puch Free Spirit or Magnum, Vespa Grande, etc.

> Seth B Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I’m 6’3”. Mopeds are small. Some are larger than others. Get a bigger

> one. Puch Free Spirit or Magnum, Vespa Grande, etc.

Same here.

Magnums are one of the largest.

Most of the Italians are smallish.

Now for the shock questions.

You will be fighting the center stand with longer shocks. The rear tire may not clear the ground if too long. Drive chain geometry will change a little, meaning the chain will most likely need tightened and you will need to check tension while seated on ped. A larger diameter (if theres room) shock would help while fore going the previously mentioned issues.

i feel ya, being 6'4" on a yamaha chappy!

Also, looking at that general, it looks like you could drill another set of mounting holes just below the stock ones in swingarm to offset the longer shocks mentioned.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account