Freshly Rebuilt E50 with Leaky Seal!!!

Dan (high idle) Conway /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

So... This maxi has been kicking my a** every step of the way. I rebuilt it due to an inconsistent idle and dying when the engine is hot occasionally at stops.

Tonight I went for a ride, the bike died on me, started back up and took me home, I then got home and sprayed carb cleaner into the flywheel while it ran and died immediately... Don’t say i’m screwing with the points by doing this i’m not spraying on the points side and after owning a dozen mopeds I can tell the difference between an engine bogging out vs lost spark.

I tried Moto seal around the outer seal of the crank seal with no luck, The seal is not popping out and is seated evenly... Only thing I can think of is the minuscule

amount of corrosion on the crank behind the seal, although this one is double lipped and there is no corrosion on the seat of the seal to the crank.

Sad Face. :(

AND it’s a new pricey Viton seal!!!

PS! The Lipped side is facing in like from the factory.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account