78 Free Spirit: Duplicolor?

ellis richman /

Hey All! I can't thank everyone enough for the kindness and insights you give me as a complete "newbie" fledgeling for my very first moped: A 78 Free Spirit that's in excellent aesthetic condition, all stock, and soon to be in running condition. When I got it, the gem was hidden under so much dirt and grease I wondered if it was worth the $375 I paid. Needed carb cleaning and a carb part, new throttle cable, on/off and light switches, and copious cleaning and polishing. Here's my question: Anyone know what color this is on the Duplicolor retouching paint? It's got a few scratches, and I'd like to touch them up nice so they don't get rusty, yet still look great like the original color. Thanks so much!! Best regards, Ellis

free spirit 78 on grass.JPG

Re: 78 Free Spirit: Duplicolor?

SWEEEET........

I doubt you'll ever get a match that will last .

Red is the fastest fading color .

You might consider simply cleaning any rust off and clear coating over the scratches instead of trying to match colors that will change in a years time .

A little 'patina' just adds character . ;)

ellis richman /

Thanks! P.S. - What voltage does the bike operate at? 12v?

6v. Don’t switch lightbulbs with anything other than proper wattage stock bulbs. Don’t try LED bulbs.

ellis richman /

Thank ypu!

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account