Brand new unused Hero Majestic Gizmo trying to get it started

I have a Gizmo that was ridden only once maybe fifteen years ago.

Has no miles on it basically, been in cold storage in my basement since. Still in perfect condition no rust, no wear.

I put some gas and two stroke oil in it, it kick started up. But then I noticed this little clear tube underneath and fuel was draining out of it. Is that tube supposed to be connected to something?

Also what is the proper setting for this knob? I thought maybe that tube was a fuel tank drain for when this knob is in a certain position.

When I put the knob in the upper Res or bottom On position fuel starts to drain out of the little tube. When in the Off position nothing drains. Is the Off position the normal position for this switch when running the moped?

Thanks!

Re: Brand new unused Hero Majestic Gizmo trying to get it started

The GIZMO is the best of the Hero-Majestics because of its variator drive. You simply have either a gummed up(varnished) carb in the float bowl, or the fuel line is loose. Trace it from the tank. it should go to a banjo filter inlet fitting on the carb.

Usually long storage lets the gas congeal into gummy deposits and needs manually removed .

You have a nice NO-PED there. Get some experienced help and find the service manual for it.

Thank you. Okay so in normal running that knob should be in which position?

Also so that little clear tube underneath is not just a fuel drain line I should attach it to something then?

I’ve looked online haven’t found a Gizmo manual yet.(edited)

Okay I found this

https://www.heromotocorp.com/en-in/rider-zone/biking-tips/fuel-level.html

would seem that the proper position when running is that knob in ON which implies then that that little tube underneath needs to be connected to something must have come loose somehow, because when the knob is in ON fuel drains out of that tube.

There was no fuel in the moped when stored tank was completely empty.

Your handle bars are upside down and backwards

Handle bars just haven't been pulled back and tightened is all.

Anyway those aren't the issue just need to reattach that tubing.

The "knob" is called the pet-cock, when running it should be in the "on" position, when unused turn it to off, the reserve is for if you run out of fuel, gives you a little more. That tube is most likely an overflow drain, since it will run, would not run at all if the fuel line was off, check the line though for safety's sake. This tells me the needle is sticking, not allowing the fuel flow to stop when bowl is full. Clean or have cleaned your carb and you should be all good. For storage close the petcock and run the bike out of fuel, then kick it over until it will no longer even fire. Store with a full tank or empty, empty best for indoors, full better for outside, keeps moisture out of the tank, no fuel in the carb prevents this varnish build up, been doing this for over 20 yrs and never more than one carb clean for a bike, after an initial one when I got it, never a spring no-start either. I run non-ethanol fuel, plus either stabil or sea-foam in all my pre-mix, but this is far from mandatory. Very nice looking bike!(edited)

Post back when you find the problem. You'll get a lot of help here.

Thank you.

Right now the bike will start only when that knob is in the On so yes you’re right it needs to be in the On.

Here’s a Dropbox video of it running

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e76okiim1pz08v7/AABzJL2-1c0BTM_zMv158JWSa?dl=0

I made before I realized that fuel is coming out of that hose.

But - when I turn it to the On or Rescfuel starts coming out of that little hose under it. So I gotta figure out where that hose goes or why it’s leaking.

Yes the bike is dusty but otherwise perfect no rust even. As if it came out of a time capsule.

The float needle is gunked up. Take the fuel line off and blast some carb cleaner through the fuel inlet on the carburetor. it should knock that stuff loose.

Here are two images of the underside with that hose

when the Knob is turned to On or Res fuel immediately starts draining out of that hose, the engine doesn't even have to be running.

Here are some more pics of the noped

Is there a way to attach pedals to it or is this strictly a NoPed?

Dude, do you have all of your crome-osomes? This is the fourth post where someone said clean your carb. Read how to clean one, watch a you tube video or take it to a scooter shop and have them set you up. It’s super easy and should only take 10 minutes to do as long as you don’t break or lose anything.

I gotchya. Got that under control now.

Does anyone know specifically where to get pedals that would attach to this Gizmo?(edited)

Yours is a kickstart model, and it seems to be missing the foot peg assembly. Probably one of those unobtainable parts.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account