Help! ZA50 First Gear Assembly Cover Screws!

Hi Guys:

Working on my second ZA50 Puck replacement. First bike was a relative breeze. This one was abused. I can not get the cover off the first gear assembly for the life of me. The screws are in TITE! Any hints to help pursuade them out? I already mangled one. I tried heat, didn't make any difference. Would freezing help?

This thing looked like no one changed the transmission fluid in decades, it was practically mud! If I have to drill them out, is there someplace I can get replacements? I really hope that is not necessary, as I don't want to screw up the gear.

Also, I tried to keep track of the direction of the first speed clutch, but somehow in cleaning it, I got messed up. Which side of the clutch goes in towards the bike? The indented side, or the flatter side.

Here's a pic of the screws that are vexing me.

IMG_3555.jpg

Re: Help! ZA50 First Gear Assembly Cover Screws!

Impact driver and a bench vise

20160508_234611.jpg

Impact driver is a life saver for this kind of stuff

Thanks guys, Harbor Freight to the rescue! The impact screwdriver did the trick.

Now how do I tell which way to put the fist speed clutch back in. The diagrams aren't too great.

FYI, I rescued this Puch just in time, The pucks were coming apart, not quite out.

Impact driver worked! Thanks!

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account