Puch Magnum MK II clutch issue

Hey Guys,

I have had this issue with my puch magnum ( MK II 1980 ) for some time now. It seems to be an issue with the clutch since the bike runs perfect once it is up and running. The issue is the clutch seems to get lose / slip. Recently the issue was resolved for 2 days by replacing the clutch cable. At first the clutch cable was very tight and the bike started first kick. After those 2 days the clutch cable seemed to be lose again causing the clutch to slip / not grab correctly. Does anyone know what the next step would be in getting this fixed ? I do not have much experience in fixing these bikes but I would prefer to fix it myself or with a buddy rather then an expensive shop. Also, the bike starts by spinning the starter plate with a drill fine. If that helps at all .

Re: Puch Magnum MK II clutch issue

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Sounds like the internal clutch cable is shot. If that’s what it is, you’ll need to tear into the tranny to replace it.

Is that hard to do ?

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Not for me.

Do you know of any place online that has guide or video I can follow to replace it ?

is the cable a part of this ?

https://www.treatland.tv/puch-moped-cables-p/puch-cable-party-pack-e50.htm

You have to remove everything in the transmission to replace it. Super bummer

From what I've said is going on. Should I go ahead and do this or is it possible it will not fix it ?

You should buy or trade your za50 for an e50.

It has an e50

Well fuck man, you said magnum 2. Implying that it has a za50 on it. The adjuster is probably just backing off because the nuts aren't locked or the cable is slipping in the control.

Drake Abrahamsson /

just an fyi from somebody who’s also somewhat new here: unless it’s a body issue, you’re gonna wanna list the engine as well as possibly the exhaust, carburetor, etc. you'll eventually learn what’s important to list on a case-by-case basis but it’s better to over-list than under-list.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account