All lights blowing out on 09 Tomos Targa LX

09...less than 1k in miles. Change a bulb in anything, throttle and it burns out instantly. Ideas....videos to how to repair? Any help is greatly appreciated as I am only a little handy and know 0 about electronics. Thank you in advance for your advice.

Re: All lights blowing out on 09 Tomos Targa LX

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Voltage regulator

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Yep your voltage regulator is probably wired wrong or it blue more than likely the one terminal melted possibly due to a ground fault sometimes it's actually something shaking loose considering it's a newer bike I would think something shook loose so double-check all your grounds on the lights also the voltage regulator do you have a battery is it electric start?

These will figure into it, if you go and look check the wiring that goes through the fender and into the frame that is a short spot the wiring can go all wonky in there if the set voltage regulator has a melted terminal or blue out chances are there's a short somewhere

The wires all look good, under the rear fender nothing looks spliced. I have connected and reconnected everything. The bulbs when you throttle blow out. Is the voltage regulator the gray metallic piece the last picture? Do you see anything that doesn't look right?

20191002_000054.jpg
20191002_000357.jpg
20191002_000221.jpg
« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account