Honda Hobbit pedal resistance pls help a noob!

Ok so I just got this Honda Hobbit 83’ and it started up ok when I got it but it’s really tough to get the pedals moving to get it started when the motor switch is engaged. When I change it to pedal mode, it pedals fine and easy. I’ve opened the housing to spin the engine by hand and that’s smooth too. What could be making it so tough to pedal start? The chain doesn’t feel tight at all it’s a great tension, so it’s not that. Thanks in advance

Re: Honda Hobbit pedal resistance pls help a noob!

maybe yr starter clutches or main clutch is always engaged, but u say the clutch bell spins free?

Have you tried holding the decomp valve open until you work up a little speed then close it, and keep pedaling? I think stock the Hobbit runs 120psi compression so that is a bit of resistance. When I was still doing pedal-start I would start it on the center-stand, just be ready for it to start because the wheel might start spinning hahaha..

Also check out this:

Honda Hobbit PA50 starting help

Yep clutch bell and ac drive spins free !

I’ve started it on the center stand but it’s just really really tough going. Do you know any tests I can do to it to check what’s causing the resistance ? Is there any way to change the compression PSI or is that number standard?

EqRe: Honda Hobbit pedal resistance pls help a noob!

Take out spark plug. If 83 also turn engine switch off so cdi does get repeatedly loaded with electrons. Now see how it spins. Report back here please.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account