Vespa Crank in Kinetic Case

What has to be changed over on the clutch side to get things to work?

I know it's been brought up but I've searched and can't find it.

The Vespa crank snout is shorter, the Kinetic clutch won't work. Either the pulley scrubs the subframe or you shim it out and the clutch plate won't engage.

Re: Vespa Crank in Kinetic Case

Oh yeah, single speed bike.

Depends on the year kinetic. There are 3 different kinetic crank lengths and 3 different clutches. One of the kinetic lengths is the same as a vespa

I have three different kinetic clutch assemblies in front of me, and none will fit properly. :/ I’ve tried mixing and matching bits. Looks like it may be feasible with the smaller one to grind down the bushing and the starter clutch posts a bit and get the clearance needed.

And this is my brow bike, I’m up here in Portland, just trying to selfishly help him out so I have something to ride.

There should be a whole new clutch set up in the mail today from treats, hopefully it will work with that. I don’t wanna be hoofing it all weekend.

Got the new clutch on there. All seems right, haven’t got the bike to a place it can be started yet. It did want some extra spacing between the bell and the flywheel to clear the subframe but still plenty of space.

And now gotta figure out why the timing is 90* off

Coil was upside in the stator. Lol. Why Vespa gotta hide all the important parts.

Did it time right. I'm quite wanting to know.

> Marc Friedman Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Did it time right. I'm quite wanting to know.

Yeah, after I got the stator straight timing seems right. It’s running a bit hot so there’s a possibility that it’s slightly advanced from where it should be but I think it just wants an upjet. Carb still has whatever Jet Malossi put in it.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account