Solved previous problems, all was good, more arose

Drake Abrahamsson /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

So for background, I did everything mentioned on this (https://mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?6,4301134) thread. I thoroughly cleaned the tank with oxalic acid (awesome method btw), cleaned piston head, new spark plug, put on a temperature gauge, reset timing, serviced cam and follower (which fixed point skipping issue) including replaced and oiled the felt on the stator, sanded pitting on cam lightly, and cleaned points. I took it for another spin today and I rode probably 5-8 miles and it died on me once around half way through the ride but no biggie, started back up again when the light turned green. The temperature stayed around 240-270*F except for when I took it up a steep hill right by my house at the very end of my ride then it got up to 340. I got off and walked next to it, but it still sounded like it was bogging. It stopped running as soon as I got to my driveway. I let it cool a bit, then tried to start it a few times. It didn’t work and when I DID get it to start it died when I stopped revving it. Ugh. Took the spark plug out, it was DARK (picture attached) and the piston looked dark again as well from shining a flashlight into the spark plug hole (also attached). I’ve also replaced the float needle but it still sometimes leaks. Running a 72 jet w 14mm bing, treats 70cc kit w/ hi comp head, tecno circuit pipe, all on an e50. Ideas? Thanks!

F4D8046E-7F4E-4D0A-A1BE-7C351A06AA65.jpeg
FC4D28EF-A19F-4B29-A18B-497C70CDFA38.jpeg
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account