I'm big dumb at wiring, help I need an adult! (Peugeot 103/Ducati Energia)

Hiya guys!

So electricity is magic and I'm not a wizard.

I'm gonna post my current wiring setup, and ask for constructive criticism. Frankly, I want to learn what I'm doing wrong, cause last time I thought I had my wiring totally solved, I ended up electrifying the whole frame. Yikes.

I got a bit of grounding advice from Rebel Moby among others, and revised my setup some.

So here it is, a NOS peugeot harness, modded to work with a Ducati energia cdi, a halogen headlight, and a LED taillight (Treats' "vertical fixation")

Here's some more pictures!

The headlight bucket has a ground from the headlight, kill switch, and brake switches, just like stock, and the taillight has a ground to the fender, as stock. The LED light's wire colors are a bit counter-intuitive, but it's wired up correctly per Treats' instructions.

From Rebel Moby's advice, the engine ground strap, cdi box, voltage regulator, and frame harness are all grounded on one big bolt on the frame, with nice shiny paint underneath. The zip-ties on the plug wire are a trail-tech tachometer.

The only thing I'm missing currently is a rear brake light switch, cause my left side control doesn't have the hole drilled to install it.

Thanks for the help you guys!(edited)

103 DUCATI WIRING (1).jpg
IMG_5211.JPG

Re: I'm big dumb at wiring, help I need an adult! (Peugeot 103/Ducati Energia)

Also, also, I was planning on running a ground wire from the horn button as well, since it's supposed to ground to the stock chrome handlebars, but well, mine are painted.

Wiring for the brake lights in the diagram makes no sense at all. One of either the blue (likely) or the black wires on the tail light is the hot side of the brake light and the other is for the common (ground). Run a wire from the red hot to the in on both of the brake switches, then from the out side of the switches together to go to power to the brake light. That way if the switch is actuated it sends the power to the brake light.

Horn switch I suggest the easiest way would be to locate the switch how you want it and then remove the paint so it can be in good electrical contact with the bar.

Ok, I think I get it. And the blue wire off the taillight is the brake actuator.

How's this revision look:

103DUCATIWIRINGREWORK.jpg
« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account