Re: A35 goes fast! but not with me on it

hmm, so lemme get this right, no air leaks, reeds are new, sha 14/12 main jet 65, no air filter, timings good as far as crank and magneto taper, compression good, newish plug.

hmm. on a a35 there are slots in the piston, r those holes pointed towards intake or flipped towards exhaust?

Yes correct, I dont remember which orientation the slots are in, I will check when I have the head off to look at the gap on the rings.

cant see from head removal, not piston ring gap but intake holes/slots in piston. u can see if u take off intake or exhaust port.

Sorry I meant the head and cylinder.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I heard that sound 5x...

Your crank on the clutch side. The bearing went bad and. Crank or the nut is stripped...

Feel the case where the bearing is I bet it's grindy...

♣Slew Foot♣ /

a break strip could have Went too

There is never any metal in the fluid when I take the cover off, the end of the shaft isn't worn or grooved and the bearings aren't rattling around in the cage. What is a break strip? Is that the cork on the clutch? The clutches are still fully intact. If I wasn't so sick of pulling the cover off this thing I would send pictures of every part.

Well I unbolted the muffler and took a looksy, the ports in the piston are facing down, I dont know how I missed that putting it together. They are supposed to face upward towards the intake correct? hopefully I will have a couple minutes to spare on sunday to get this reoriented.

"They are supposed to face upward towards the intake correct?"

Correct . ;)

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Strips the break strips hold the shoes together but hey if you have an upside-down pissed and I could be making that scratchy noise I heard

Okay we’ll i fixed my similar problem - noticed when I held the choke about halfway closed while riding, it picked up and started actually working right - I rejetted my SHA from 53 to 55 and it’s night and day different. Doing low 30’s now. Same exact symptoms as you.

Thank you everyone for all your input and help to diagnose this silly mistake. It is up and running great! saw 40 mph on a straight stretch today. I did notice it doesnt shift from second to first very quickly at all though, any way to change that?

♣Slew Foot♣ /

You checked your clutch shoes and the support bearings? There is also a sprag spring that looks like a? That should be soldered in place aside from that it goes by what kind of shoes you have and what fluids run

tune it and itll shift faster

It almost looks like theres no shim on the carb and intake.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Btw if it was reshoed with the factory tool it flips the pins so it opens like Pac man toward rotation and just the toe of the shoes wear. It then will manual shift over first by letting it rev super high then let off rev let fall to 2000 and it grabs. Using transfercase oil. I ran the whole winter like that. They can run 2 or 3 years with broken internals....

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account