Honda nu50 running rich

How does one go about fixing this? The carburetor looks like someone replaced the float and float pin. Could they have put jets on that are too big? It fouls out the spark plug making it all black within 5-50 miles. It only idles with the throttle set screw all the way to the right. The throttle response from idle takes about 5-10 seconds before the wheel spins. How do I pull the jets off to tell? Its getting maybe 10mpg (no big bore or any crap like that I just replaced the piston with a stock 40mm) Also if I turn the fuel valve off the bike starts spinning its tire like its being throttled but for like 5 seconds it runs good with an instant throttle response. I checked out the reeds to see what the deal was and they don't look cracked and they're fairly springy. The bike has 0 issues starting even with the auto choke disconnected. I tried ordering a revolution carb but it literally won't stop pissing, all the gas that goes in comes out the bottom. If I plug the overflow it just comes out the air filter. I checked and the float seems to work, if I plug the float manually and try to put water in it stops it.

Re: Honda nu50 running rich

Jack Rutherford /

Take the float bowl off off the old carb. Unscrew main jet. Look at number printed on main jet. If someone didn't drill it out bigger that should tell you what jet size you have. Check the needle position as well.

"Yep sounds like it is running too rich which is not unheard of on the stock Urban. I would try a smaller main jet. Assuming you have an 85 main jet in there, pick up an 82, an 80 and a 78 from treatland.tv. Try the 82 first and report back.

And it's not uncommon for a previous owner to drill the main jet bigger in the mistaken belief that that would make it go faster. I've had that happen. Had a 78 jet in an Express SR only to determine later that someone had drilled it out to a 92 or so."(edited)

Captain Janeway /

Also make sure your throttle slide is in right. If not it will send the back wheel off to the races.

Open link to manual in projectmoped.com. this will also tell you how to clean carb, remove jets etc. That jet should be 85 as stock

Jack Rutherford /

"but it literally won't stop pissing, all the gas that goes in comes out the bottom."

Looks like all you had to do was tighten the drain screw. That's all I did. So much for all that experience on motorized bikes.(edited)

This is why you got PayPal claimed. Because you continually blame me for your mistake and insult my intelligence. I tried all that before. Next time check the carb before you mail it out.

Jack Rutherford /

righty tighty lefty loosey - all it took was a screwdriver and no more leak

I'm going to add you to the bad buyers list. You only returned the float bowl and not the entire carburetor. Other members will be warned not to deal with you.(edited)

> Jack Rutherford Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> righty tighty lefty loosey - all it took was a screwdriver and no more

> leak

>

> I'm going to add you to the bad buyers list. You only returned the

> float bowl and not the entire carburetor. Other members will be warned

> not to deal with you.

I was wondering how long that would take .

8638E8B2-9C13-4D77-91FC-0434365371DE.png

I don’t really give a shit

> Jack Rutherford Wrote:

> righty tighty lefty loosey - all it took was a screwdriver and no more

> leak

>

> I'm going to add you to the bad buyers list. You only returned the

> float bowl and not the entire carburetor. Other members will be warned

> not to deal with you.

> Matt Spad Wrote:

> >

> I don’t really give a shit

>

Obviously . So , don't expect anyone else to 'care' for you .

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account