Any information on Puch Maxi Plus ?

Hello,

I just picked up Puch Maxi Plus.

The bike was parked in a barn for many years and was never maintained nor run during that time.

I have cleaned the carburetor and checked cylinder/piston/head, replaced the spark plug and filed the moped with fresh premix.

Compression is okay, ignition as well.

The bike started quite easily but runs poorly. Bottom end was full of black oil/carbon deposits so it will require further cleaning and fijetting if I want the moped to run perfectly.

PROBLEM : I barely find any information about my moped. I can easily find parts and aftermarket racing kits/pipes/carburators for any other Puch Maxi models but nothing about my bike.

As you can see below, my intake port and manifold is different from the other Maxi models.

Do you have any information about my moped ?

I don't even know the production year of it.

Can I adapt cylinder kits, carburetor, exhaust (Tecno for instance) from the other Puch models ?

Thanks a lot.

Nicolas

IMG_20191014_172821.jpg
IMG_20191014_172827.jpg
IMG_20191014_172833.jpg

Re: Any information on Puch Maxi Plus ?

IMG_20191016_063147.jpg
IMG_20191016_063212.jpg

It's basically an AD or the puch hero, you'll find more info on the hero and AD

sweet, not many ad's around. any kit should fit w some finicking w intake n exhaust. chrck to see if your exhaust is not plugged up the first post has a great run thru.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Also if I'm not mistaken there was an X...

The carb is accessed thru a hatch in the frame?

I have a WOP Austrian Hero Puch 64cc kit for them..

Bojangles in intakes and exhaust angles kept me from ever running it I do have an e50 I carved to match it but I never got around to the intake exhaust Solutions I also Have a Tomos case carved up to match...

Intake is real easy, hack an old stock maxi header and run it with a spigot mounted carb. Exhaust angle is the same as a stock magnum and korado.(edited)

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Adding adapter plates for Tomas and Puch to put a frame onto I'm already into a quite a way but I don't have a poo frame or a Tomas frame that I have all the solutions to I'm also only at 60 to 70% operational capability after the accident so I don't really feel like starting a project from the ground up

Wow, thanks for the replies folks !

Exactly, the carb is located into the frame, right under the middle hatch as you can see below.

IMG_20191017_061436.jpg

The project with this bike is to make it run clean and crisp in the stock form (I will check jetting, air box, exhaust, ignition timing and mayyyybe a little porting).

Based on the performances of it, I will see if I install a cylinder/carb/exhaust kit.

While I removed cylinder and intake manifold, I noticed a big restrictor inserted in intake port in order to detune the moped. This bike comes from Switzerland where speed limit is 18mph (30km/h). I heard that removing this restrictor will add top end power but will also remove torque and bottom power. Any advice on it ?

I will mainly use this moped for a race called RedBull Alpenbrevet in the Swiss Alps mountains. I need torque and bottom power... not so much top end power.

IMG_20191017_061415.jpg
IMG_20191017_061506.jpg

Thank you !

long shot but im interested in the plastics if your selling.

> pat splat Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> long shot but im interested in the plastics if your selling.

I am planning to keep this moped in stock form, sorry Sir.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I do believe according to the rules you have to leave everything stock including that restrictor otherwise why wouldn't you just be changing up your gearing personally if you want to win you want that extra torque and then you could use a bag of potatoes and a stick with a point on it Asha passim you take the stick with the point and you'll put a potato on it and shove it in their exhaust pipe if I can get another potato is your past the next kind he got the idea I don't think there's anything about it in the roolz

Yea Keep that bike stock!

If you want to go fast just buy a maxi and cut it up, it will save you so much time too.

You could do some mild tunning but I wouldn’t go crazy with it

I see that white Pug 103 in the back. Now I like this person less

todd amundson /

Cool bike. For sure a high quality European player. I have a Hero from India, 2004? Completely different carb, clutch, castings. Only thing that really changes over is the manifold and possibly that air box. I’m liking the pedal shaft in your swing-arm. Hero Puch has a provision for it but without pedals. Where’s your petcock?

Took mine racing this weekend. The stock jug has a 45mm treats kit piston in it. I’m rocking a 19 del carb because that’s as far as you should push the stock opening on the Hero 65. Piston pulled to 45 mph with little effort. 14 tooth is on the front only after grinding out the case, a bunch.

2A90690D-00FD-4F15-BB58-C220EDEFCB5F.jpeg

todd amundson /

Cool bike. For sure a high quality European player. I have a Hero from India, 2004? Completely different carb, clutch, castings. Only thing that really changes over is the manifold and possibly that air box. I’m liking the pedal shaft in your swing-arm. Hero Puch has a provision for it but without pedals. How many speeds is that and is there an actual name or number to the engine ie, Z50, E50, ? Where’s your petcock?

Took mine racing this weekend. The stock jug has a 45mm treats kit piston in it. I’m rocking a 19 del carb because that’s as far as you should push the stock opening on the Hero 65. Piston pulled to 45 mph with little effort. 14 tooth is on the front only after grinding out the case, a bunch.

2A90690D-00FD-4F15-BB58-C220EDEFCB5F.jpeg
268C4279-7A9F-4533-901D-9986A7FBFFF9.jpeg
3D60BF55-B01E-4858-8D58-95936F81ED6F.jpeg

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I can confirm that that 64cc wide-open port on a Tomas is a ripper I push it to it 19 mm dell'orto Ma but my float went all Submariner on me I was pulling 40 Easy running 2626 sprockets and dragging myself up a hill at 205 lb of course I was running almost explosively hot it's that chaos Factor it always goes fastest right before it explodes so if you can stop it at the last second from exploding it's all Rocket Ride

> cheetahchrome . Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I see that white Pug 103 in the back. Now I like this person less

Really !? How can't you like the 103 !??

This is the bike every teenagers had in France from 1960 to early 2000's.

Rivalry with Motobecane and MBK was fierce at that time ;-).

IMG-20190908-WA0062.jpg

This is my 71' Peugeot 103 VS, this moped originally belonged to my grand father who passed away when I was a little kid.

I had a trip early September in the Swiss Alps, three peaks to reach, start at 1500ft and arrival at 8500ft for all of them...

1600 competitors, 600 finishers.

We completed the trip with the original top end from 1971, clutch was toasted though !

IMG_20191020_195709.jpg
IMG_20191020_195538.jpg

My Puch Maxi Plus is 1 speed automatic. Here is a view of the clutch case and swing arm. Design is so much different from the 103. It's built like a real mini bike actually.

When I drained the transmission, I had less than a big scoop of oil.

I will have to disassemble the whole engine since my rod gaskets seem roached. That is why I guess I found so much carbon deposit in top end.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account