Just got a tomos. Doesnt start

Just got this tomos dont know what year what model or anything. It was sitting in someone's garage for years. Was running when it was parked there. It has spark and isn't seized up. It had shitty fuel in it so I drained it and put new fuel and it flows good. Wont start up. What do I do to get it going?

Re: Just got a tomos. Doesnt start

Take off the carburetor & pull it apart to clean all the gunk out of it. Might have to prime the cylinder to start it if it has sat awhile.

Yeah the carb is really dirty I'm cleaning it now. What do u mean by prime the cylinder

To prime the cylinder, I usually take a small amount of premix & pour it down the spark plug hole before trying to start it.

Alright I'm putting carb back on now let's see what happens

I got it started but it dies if I let go of throttle wont idle

♣Slew Foot♣ /

The wiki is your friend...

There is a small passage in the carburetor that is below the slide when you look inside the bore from the clamp side. Clean that out. When you're done you can spray a little carburetor cleaner in that slide depression and it will drain out of the hole if you've got it cleared out.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account