Magnum MKII Hydraulic Fork Rebuild

M Val /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hey everyone, probably have gotten myself in over my head again, but that's the fun I suppose...so here's what I got.

Decided to take apart my forks...I know, I know, probably shouldn't have, but I did so here we are.

Anyway, I've failed to find anything online about it. Pretty much just following the service manual, but want to double check my process in putting back together. The service manual says to "assemble in reverse order to dismantling"

When tightening the piston to the sliding tube, at some point it just spins because there is nothing to counteract it. So I got myself a comically long flat head screw driver and stuck it down the assembly and in the top of the piston in order to give a counteract to the nut. Is this accurate? Have a completely screwed myself? Is there another way?

Thanks in advance!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account