e50 gasket issues

I seem to have a problem with spacing on my e50 motor when i installed a 70cc kit. as soon as i tighten the nuts to the head, the engine wont turn over. I have a paper base gasket and a .2mm head gasket.are the treats kits just cut differently and require different gaskets to put on? has anyone encountered this problem and had to use a .4mm gasket? this is the first time i had spacing issues with my motor before

Re: e50 gasket issues

Wesley Ambrosini /

what do you mean wont turn over? Does the piston cycle?

Is the clutch grabbing?

Spark?

Fuel?

Compression?

Did you do anything besides putting a piston and jug/ head on?

piston is hitting the head and is not free to cycle or move freely. i have to force it to complete a full cycle.

Pull the head and check that the piston crown edge is at the bottom of the exhaust port when at bottom dead center .

Post the result .

Wesley Ambrosini /

Is it the Tccd kit?

That needs a spacer to not hit the head

A tccd kit requires a 1mm base spacer, the other 70cc kits like k star don't require one. What kit are you running?

Overpriced Parts /

> G HANDS Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> A tccd kit requires a 1mm base spacer, the other 70cc kits like k star

> don't require one. What kit are you running?

70cc K star kit needs 2-3 mm or more base spacer for piston to clear transfer ports and keep ring out of exhaust port which in my opinion is a junk kit to use because then you need a countersunk head or a deck the cylinder a couple millimeters to make up the difference,

Plus you have to Dremel the old-style fins out the way on kstar to get most pipes to fit but ya it don’t hit the head,

New style fin DMP kit is the way to go on piston as well as other new style/hi torque piston port 70cc kits (sold for cheep @ Doscycles)

i think im running a 1mm base gasket 1mm head gasket, i can move it up to 2 or 3mm. it cycles freely if the head isnt tightened down but as soon as i torque it down to 6/lbs its like it jams up(edited)

its the puch 70cc tccd cylinder kit - 45mm

so did some looking around and on the treatland page it said it needs to be spaced. i ordered a .5mm,1mm,1.5mm and 2mm gasket in hopes in a couple days i can space it out correctly.

knuckles, get a spacer, aluminum.

Wesley Ambrosini /

I didn't like the treats spacer, it didn't match the transfers at all

The spacer and base gasket were 1.5mm together so I got some 1/16" (~1.5mm) gasket paper from the auto parts store and cut my own

Cheaper and easier I think(edited)

You need the aluminum 1mm spacer from treats. Gaskets compress, take the spacer and Dremel it to match the kit transfers. I've built a couple tccd kits and eurokits which also require a spacer.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> ------------------------------------------------------>

> 70cc K star kit needs 2-3 mm or more base spacer for piston to clear

> transfer ports and keep ring out of exhaust port which in my opinion is

> a junk kit to use because then you need a countersunk head or a deck the

> cylinder a couple millimeters to make up the difference,

This was simply not 100% true, even years ago. I installed 5-6 k-stars in the last 8 years and never had to space anything.

first Thing is first: make sure at btc that the piston is sitting flush in the bottom of the exhaust port. Next you would check the piston at Tdc to make sure you have to correct squish.

I also have built numerous k star kits, none have required a spacer.

> G HANDS Wrote:

> I also have built numerous k star kits, none have required a spacer.

Do you ever check the exhaust port?

If your just slapping these kits on your missing out on a lot of power and maybe even durability (hot piston rings sitting in exhaust port perfect for snagging)

I have, all the k star kits I've ever used have not required a aluminum base spacer, simply gaskets. I've been building k-star kits since 2010. Given I haven't built a k star in the past 6 years I don't know if the kits have changed. But this topic is about a t c c d kit which require a minimum of a 1 mm aluminum base spacer. I am constantly annoyed with having to dremel 1 mm base spacers. When it comes to puchs I run the Euro kits or gilas, the euros just like the tccd kits need a 1mm spacer plus fine adjustments. I built a tccd for a Magnum I did for a commisioned build in 2011, they in my opinion are better than k stars just a little more work, well worth it.

i got my bike to run, all that was needed was a new base gasket and a low comp 70cc head

> josh n Wrote:

> i got my bike to run, all that was needed was a new base gasket and a

> low comp 70cc head

Good you got it sussed . :)

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account