Need someone with sachs experience

Finally got around to swapping out the pedal shaft of a 505 1a..changing seals while thete..having problems with a washer that seems to be either stuck to tge shaft or i am going at it the wrong way..i have the clutch assembly removed to the point it looks to be the last washer with holes just before the seal..i can't get it to budge to pull it off the shaft..is it supposed to slide off what appears to be part of the crank or is that a collar in front of it that needs to come off first..

Re: Need someone with sachs experience

Here is the pic ..

20200127_144350.jpg

Ok...for those that come in to this problem ...the part you see in front of the washer is in fact a collar that slides on to the shaft..mine was stuck but i did finally get it to budge...

Well i might have to back up..i got slack from somewhere and stopped to takeba break and thought i had it but i went back and nothing has moved since..lol..stand by til i try this again...

Well i was right it is a collar on the shaft that had to have a really good talking to before it came off ....it is off and new seal and back on again ..hope not but if somebody else has that problem now they know

Richard Eberline /

They are a tight fit, propane torch and a few seconds of heat while moving the flame around that bushing. pliers with taped jaws.

Thanks my friend ..i got it switched out...thought that might be a collar before i started but really couldn't tell and didn't want to mess anything up not knowing for sure.i.finally decided that had to be the way it was after i got the washer to move a little.you are for sure right ..ot was tight ..thanks again ..

♣Slew Foot♣ /

So if you put a 2 gang clutch where a 3 gang should go that happens. Find a bigger od washer.

> ♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> So if you put a 2 gang clutch where a 3 gang should go that happens.

> Find a bigger od washer.

You went right over my head with that..as far as i know the clutch came factory that way..i was changing out the seal and removed the clutch for that..the clutch works fine..(edited)

you narrated it pretty well. I just did the same thing last night. It can get super tight n there. sometimes heat helps, usually I just use a small jawed bearing puller and hook it under the shaft and then just pull it off the end. it goes surprisingly easily when you're pulling it evenly, vs how unmovable it seems when it's stuck on there.

luckily since you're replacing seals anyway you can just crush that seal and give yourself plenty of wiggle room

My problem was i didn't know what i was looking at and couldn't tell if it split there or not..i finally used a puller after i reallized that was a collar and not part of the crank..

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account