2004 tomos sprint runs rough.

Hey folks looking for some guru advice/feedback. Shes running rough. I discovered water all thru my silencer and packing. It was baddd! Could that cause it to run lean and make brand new plug ground strap have white buildup crust???

Re: 2004 tomos sprint runs rough.

Water must've gotten in the carb someway. Take the carb apart and clean it. Check the tank for water and any inline filter,too.

Take off the pipe and drain it out,check it for being clear of carbon. Also the exhaust port of cylinder,check for carbon and clean. Replace with new spark plug also.

Thanks don.

I forgot to tell you don. I took the head off earlier and there was beads of water on the squish

Yeah, you gotta check even the trans fluid. Clean her up and get her going again.

Are you talking about the exhaust silencer or the air filter ?

maybe possibly water in gas tank, or resevoir/oil injection.

> pat splat Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> maybe possibly water in gas tank, or resevoir/oil injection.

Didn't think about the oil injection tank having water...………….of course that's a very rare possibility. Worth checking though.

I mixed up a gallon of 93 octane an 3ozs oil and it started running shitty after that it was strange.

Exhaust silencer.

> mark barney Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I mixed up a gallon of 93 octane an 3ozs oil and it started running

> shitty after that it was strange.

No water in your gas can?

Sounds like you left the bike out in a saltwater hurricane .

Have you removed the exhaust and insured it is clear ?

question for the op. what is a "plug ground strap"?

As far as i know, the engine grounds r bundled together under coil mount on frame, n theres one to the electric start motor(if u have one) but non existant by the plug.

i could not believe what most of the problem was. I took off the intake and its a two pedal reed. The right side wasn't opening when i pushed it by hand it was hanging up on the intake gasket not letting half the fuel through. Crazy. I put a new stock a35 reed in its good now. And the water problem was riding in the rain and not having a gasket in the top of the dellorto. I just put a brand new carburetor on it today. The other was original with stripped out threads on the bowl so it had to be replaced. Im really takin good care of this moped its been a hobby 2 year's now.

Good job and THANKS for posting yer solution!

Hey don. Quick question! Do you think my bike will be ok if i run benol 2cycle oil?

I don't know BENOL...……….my favorite is Pennzoil Marine synthetic blend from Wal-Mart. It never fails.

Its treatland 2cycle . It says professional racing oil. So it should be ok im hoping.

Probably it's okay. I know Pennzoil Marine is okay.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

When I get prolonged periods of rain high humidity the bottom tenth of my tank is shit. Dump out 10th runs fine. Otherwise it will sputter and foul plugs.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account