Derbi hunter/manhattan cylinder

hey guys I just paid a fortune for this 70cc kit for my derbi hunter and i broke off the skirt part of the cylinder during installation. I wasn't even using force on it I just tried to slide it down and it cracked off. I've read on here that some people cut the skirts off but the engine's intake is in the bottom end so there's a port in the skirt to let fuel and air in. Would I still be able to do that or is my cylinder toast?

b3caec39c8d4432faedd875fd97009c7.jpeg

Re: Derbi hunter/manhattan cylinder

You only have to ask in one place . The very same people read it here or there .

A fortune ??? I'd ask for that fortune back or at least a cylinder that isn't defective .

Hi I apologize for posting in 2 spots I originally posted it in performance but then realized that it was better fit in the repair forum. I'm already trying to get a return done but I'm not sure about this company I'm thinking they're probably gonna say it was my fault so I'm looking for an alternative if i can't get it returned.

Overpriced Parts /

Yeah running that cylinder with a broken skirt may not be reliable

that crack is on your 3rd transfer port.

would it create problems if that port is broken off like that?

Dude I feel like that's a defect my man. I'd try and return it if possible.

That looks like a cheap chines iron cylinder! Send pics of circlip bag. Was it fucking red?

Eco quality(edited)

its malossi! it looks cheap, it broke like a cheap piece of shit but cost me $180

I agree I'm doing everything I can to get it returned but just in case that doesn't work (I'm thinking they'll probably blame it on user error) I'm looking for an alternative route.

Dirty30 Dillon /

I mean, it broke during install. It's hard to prove a defect and not user error.

That said, you could trim/bevel skirt at the cutout, but your piston life is going to be very short with nothing on that side.

Pushrod Fifty /

Stress cracks in the casting. I would demand a refund or return with shipping paid.

Damn, that's crazy. I have a derbi predator I plan on ordering that same kit except the LC version. Everything I have read about those kits says the quality is incredible, definitely gonna inspect my skirkts first. That seems like a defect, like they said above demand a refund.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account