Peugeot 103 Polini Race Case Assembly

I currently have my crank with both bearings on and the seals set in the case but no matter how many times I freeze the crank and heat the case halves I can't seem to get anything to slide together. Case halves are heated to ~250f for about a half hour and I let the crank sit in my freezer for a minimum of two hours before I make an attempt, is there anything else I should be trying? Honestly I'm just scared to try and force anything together and ruin my parts. Thanks!

Re: Peugeot 103 Polini Race Case Assembly

I heat my Simplex cases to about 400° for about 20 minutes and the bearings drop in and out with ease . No freezing involved .

250° is barely about operating temps .

id pop those new seals out n torch the races for a minute. run to freezer, quick for crank assembly an drop quick making sure connecting rod is in right slot, i hate that.

Pat, Ignition side seal goes in from the inside.

Yes to what PD said. Raise the oven temps. Dont worry about the seals they can take it.

Be sure to have a little axle grease smeared on the seal lips before heating so you dont have a "dry start" condition later

enclosed hidden seal? just steady dremel ou that silly lip,useless

You guys were right! 250f was way too low and 400f worked like magic. The variator half went on smooth like butter, the ignition half however gave me a bit of trouble but with a little finessing it slid together. I didn't know about putting grease on the seals. I had them soaking in 2t oil for a few hours, would that provide a similar effect?

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account