A35 throttle cable freyed / breaking.

Could someone help me with a throttle cable. I just bought a new carb installed it and discovered the slide is only hanging from a few strands of wire. It doesn't look easy to replace throttle cable on the sprint a35. Ive seen people posting having trouble. How difficult is it running a new throttle cable!?

Re: A35 throttle cable freyed / breaking.

> mark barney Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Could someone help me with a throttle cable. I just bought a new carb

> installed it and discovered the slide is only hanging from a few strands

> of wire. It doesn't look easy to replace throttle cable on the sprint

> a35. Ive seen people posting having trouble. How difficult is it

> running a new throttle cable!?

It's easier than replacing a carb

That would be cool. Because 2 days ago i put a new 1412 del on my a35 for first time no problem. I was going to drive 100 miles to other side of ohio to have an old tomos man do it. You mean i can purchase a a35 throttle cable and install it through the throttle and carb myself??

> mark barney Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> That would be cool. Because 2 days ago i put a new 1412 del on my a35

> for first time no problem. I was going to drive 100 miles to other side

> of ohio to have an old tomos man do it. You mean i can purchase a a35

> throttle cable and install it through the throttle and carb myself??

https://www.dennycycles.com/tomos-a35-throttle-cable/

I really believe that it's impossible to fuck up. Order from Denny and you'll get next day sometimes since he's in Ohio

its easier than installing a new motor as well. takes about 20 mins to pull and install if u going slow and u can use any cable just grind off the little end till its perfect.

you might wanna look at the surrounding pieces of your cable to figure out why it was fraying, is it rubbing? was it not installed straight? did the nub get jammed? was the spring right? is there an elbow?was it rough on the inside of the elbow, is the elbow aligned, with pull? am i twisting too hard to go faster, whats gonna break next? etc, etc, etc

Yeah denny llc is good people. Ive gotten new exhaust and few other things. Thanks Nick.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account