Cub C100 Exhaust

I just bought a new muffler and engine exhaust pipe and got a muffler NOS gasket packing that I thought was to fit between the pipe and muffler, however it doesn’t work . Is there another gasket that fits where the end of the pipe slides into the muffler ? I have the round gasket that goes in the cylinder exhaust. Thanks

Re: Cub C100 Exhaust

Should be a rubber thing if I recall correctly

oh yeah, i have bought those. I think originally they were an asbestos reinforced rubber, so you cant get the OEM style ones anymore. And I think as a result the newer exhausts don't fit the NOS connector gaskets. now theyre an FRP or something and dont fit well and tend to melt and flubber hot molten goo everywhere or get real brittle and crack. I never found a good solution. Try emailing the honda cub groups on Yahoo groups or emailing directly the folks at dratv.com

You might consider using a muffler repair tape for that joint .

Research this .

Pushrod Fifty /

Yahoo groups is all done but dratv is a good source for info. I think I just used copper hi temp rtv on mine, the muffler just clamped onto the header pipe.

I still get emails from the yahoo group. lemme check cuz maybe they just moved platforms. there were several, small hondas, passports, pushrod 50s and an s90 based group with lots of cub and trail crossovers

Pushrod Fifty /

There were and they were good but I never got an email with a link to the new forums. I had pushrod 50, 2 stroke smoke.

Thanks for the info , I’ll come up with something ,maybe the tape or some type of caulking. There’s not a lot of slop between the pipes. The muffler didn’t come with a diffuser and the old one from my old muffler is too long for the Chinuminum one so I’ll just cut about a half inch off the end and cap it.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account