can riding with blown bulbs damage light coil(s)?

Chris . /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Is that a dumb question? I'm pretty comfortable with the mechanical side of mopeds, not so much electrical. I didn't notice until I was halfway to work that none of my lights except the brake were working. It is possible that one of the wires between the tiny high beam indicator and main headlight was not connected, switch was on hi beam. When I got home the tail light, speedo, and hi beam bulb were blown, but headlight looked fine, no broken filaments or burnt looking glass. Replaced the blown bulbs, tail and speedo bulb were on, but not the headlight.

It's a 78 hobbit with K10 headlight bucket, same bulb rating 6v 15/15w, pretty much plug n play, worked fine for years.

My eyesight is pretty bad, waiting for new glasses, so I can't quite make out everything on the wiring schematic. Do hobbits have separate coils for head and tail light?

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account