Tomos a35 revival bogs

I have a tomos 2002 revival with a a35 cdi engine that bogs down when I give it gas or I take it off the center stand and give it gas. It has a new dellorto 14/12 carb and it's jetted at a 51 stock Exhaust pipe and pretty much everything else is stock as well new ngk bpr6hs spark plug and I run 50:1 ratio with the gas and Lucas 2 stroke oil. I uploaded a video to YouTube so you can see what I'm talking about here is the link.

IMG_20200211_145842_967.jpg

Re: Tomos a35 revival bogs

sounds lean, u need the stock air box, or go up in jetting 55 58 60 etc. i guess no oil injection, and your runnin premix. u can test by choking and jumping on for a ride.

Go to 40:1 and your engine will thank you. Air inleakage or dirty carb.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Messed reeds fuel flow..

Check fuel flow to carb from petcock. I've seen those petcocks get really clogged. Then of course the dirt can get to the banjo filter on carb.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Gas cap vent

Choke seems to help it run better. That means its not getting enough fuel and the choke is compensating for it by restricting the air flow. Drop a 56-58 jet into carb and try again.

Overpriced Parts /

Is the oil injector nipple capped since you’re running premix?

You ever get the revival revived??

While you're at it, check the muffler. These tend to clog with soot (especially if you've been experimenting with the oil) and cause all manner of mysterious symptoms. One quick check: start the bike and put your hand near the exhaust. If you don't feel individual puffs of exhaust gas emitted with considerable force, take the muffler apart and clean it. I've gotten clogged mufflers several two-stroke bikes.

Mark Kinsler

i listened to your bike. Mine did exactly the same thing when i put a screen and cap on a stock engine with stock pipe with to large of jet. So make sure the original jet is in the carb and filter box is bolted tight and secure and it should run right again.

I kinda like the revival i might try to trade my 2004 tomos step thru that i converted to top tank.

Overpriced Parts /

> mark barney Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I kinda like the revival i might try to trade my 2004 tomos step thru

> that i converted to top tank.

The best lateral year tomos moped is a tube frame bike revival or streetmate!

9571C821-57C1-4E64-9032-335414F0173D.jpeg

It’s a shame I had to sell my hi mi a35 04 revival to get this 145mi a55 06 revival, even with little use (because I have several bikes) it’s going on the near 1,600 mile on the odo,

If had the money I would’ve kept both of them But to trade a beat, old near, 9000 mile bike to get a low mile almost new dealer demo bike with almost 150$ bucks in cash in the deal for me was a no dealer to me,

Im gonna consider getting a revival. It seems to make since going 50mph on one instead of on a little rigid sprint.

Hey just wanted to update everyone on the revival. I put in a new crankshaft and Nachi crank brings because I found out that the crank bearings where rusted and shot to hell and the crank was rusty I also upjeted to a 61 jet added new seals, gaskets, reed valve, and wiring harness and now she is running just fine. Gonna tinker with it some more and do a plug chop to make sure everything is on point I also got a exhaust port upgrade from treats I'm gonna add.

https://www.treatland.tv/puch-tomos-exhaust-mounting-set-UPGRADE-p/exhuast-mount-set-upgrade.htm

impressive, i thought from your video you would never get your hands dirty.

The trick w exhaust install is to line snug up the exhaust nuts then your rear hanger bolts.

> pat splat Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> impressive, i thought from your video you would never get your hands

> dirty.

>

Plastic gloves are pretty cheap .

And , brand new parts are usually very clean . :)

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account