A3 vs A35 case differences.

Long story short: I fucked up extracting a cylinder stud from a kickstart A35 I'm building up. I ordered a black A3 case on ebay because it was cheap and I was reckoning I (((should))) be able to swap everything over to it. As mentioned on myrons http://www.myronsmopeds.com/category/tomos-models/ the trans cover gasket is slightly different but shouldn't be an issue. My concern is the dimensions in the other areas of the case. Will an A35 crank fit without fault in an A3 case? As far as I can see it should be a bolt and go procedure after new bearings and seals of course.

Re: A3 vs A35 case differences.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Bearings on the trans case. Bearings on crank. Bolt patterns on tranny. L17 bearings are thinner. Pedal shaft length.

its different. looks the same but aint, thinner.

I know the silver cases have the two piece L17 bearings, these have the standard 6203 bearings. I have all of the A35 parts for the internals and the trans/mag covers.

But ya that’s what I feared would be they’re slightly too different. Oh well. You live and learn.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Whenever TOMOS tore down a line and retooled.

Its off by a few mms.

I have some A3 cases. If I have what you need I'll sell it cheap to you. Can you send me a pm with a photo of the broken case?

Would any of these help you? If you can use any of these I'll sell them cheap. $5 each or all for $15, plus shipping costs.

IMG_2175.jpg
IMG_2176.jpg

I believe the top two are A35 and the bottom two are A3 cases.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

The crank do a is different have to cobble a bushing to replace the non existent bearing size on trannyside case.

Check your PM's Michael, I want that silver A3 clutch cover.

You got it. Sold and shipped to you.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account