e50 case bolts

What is up my fellow brappers?

My current quarantine project is getting my e50 rebuild done and finished TODAY. My magnum is going through problems with the ZA, so this is the much easier and faster alternative to getting one of my bikes back on the road. Its absolutely TERRIBLE not having a bike running. Lucky me, this is all I have to do to get my maxi back to annoying my neighbors.

I'm just being lazy and checking if anyone has a diagram or something to easily identify where the longer screws go compared to the short boys. I took the engine apart a couple months ago so I have no recollection of where the longer ones belong. Again, I can figure this shit out on my own/with the help of youtube aid as well. But I figured I'd ask and see... And yeah, I used the search function, didn't find shit.

Thanks homies, hope y'all are staying safe and enjoying the free time to work on your babies!(edited)

Re: e50 case bolts

Off the top of my head, 4x long ones drop in around the crank case, 2 per bearing.

The secret is this- all of the bolts should stick up the same height when you drop them into the correct threaded holes before tightening. If the bolt sticks way farther up or drops all the way in that's the wrong hole.

> Mike Boyd Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Off the top of my head, 4x long ones drop in around the crank case, 2

> per bearing.

>

> The secret is this- all of the bolts should stick up the same height

> when you drop them into the correct threaded holes before tightening. If

> the bolt sticks way farther up or drops all the way in that's the wrong

> hole.

My man. Thank you very much!

> Mike Boyd Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Off the top of my head, 4x long ones drop in around the crank case, 2

> per bearing.

Yes that is it. Also they are the first to be tightened.

Wesley Ambrosini /

Pro tip

grab some cardboard

draw a rough outline of the motor on it

punch the bolts through roughly where they go, as you take them out

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account