196* Honda C100 Cub 50 Ignition Switch Question

Hey all,

I just picked up a C100 Cub 50 at an estate sale in Rhode Island this morning. The guy lost the keys. A new 6 wire switch is like $150 on eBay. The wire colors are Green, White, Yellow, Black, Blue, and Brown. How can I just get this thing started without replacing the switch. Like can I connect the Blue to the Black, or whatever?

Please don't tell me to look on the switch and get the numbers to order a new key. This switch has no numbers on it.

I've attached the wiring diagram.

Thank you!(edited)

dratv_2267_153544656.jpeg

Re: 196* Honda C100 Cub 50 Ignition Switch Question

If the switch has no numbers on it then it's probably not original. According to the diagram if you just disconnect the coil from the switch and make sure the coil connects to the stator you're good

Thanks - but How do you disconnect the coil from the switch and then connect it to the stator?

> Michael Barth Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Thanks - but How do you disconnect the coil from the switch and then

> connect it to the stator?

See in the diagram where the coil goes to the switch? Disconnect that junction, but then you'll have 2 male bullet connectors. You can connect those two anyway you want. You can cut the wires, then solder them together. You can make a jumper wire using 2 female bullet connectors. The possibilities are endless

I think I understand. So the black wire leaving the ignition switch becomes 2 black wires. Just disconnect them and then connect the 2 black ends together?

Have you looked on the plastic on the back of the switch...probably worth your while to check if you haven't..i just had one made by a guy on ebay that was fast to get it to ne and worked perfect for a honda..was like 15 and change ..lots cheaper than a switch

> Michael Barth Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I think I understand. So the black wire leaving the ignition switch

> becomes 2 black wires. Just disconnect them and then connect the 2

> black ends together?

Precisely

Pushrod Fifty /

Take the switch cover off and remove the the tumbler pins. You can then use any key number or a screwdriver.

I like that idea - thank you!

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account