Honda PA50ii battery alternative

Howdy Hobbiteers,

As we all know, you need a battery installed to get any spark. So (like most I suspect) I've got a dead battery in there as a place holder, but I installed a fancy new CDI that's a little bigger than stock and now I can't get everything back into the battery compartment and shut the door.

Is there a smaller alternative to keeping a dead battery in the circuit? I've read that you can't just jumper the battery leads because the battery provides some protection against blowing your bulbs. If that's true, what else could I stick in there to serve the same resistance function and still shut the battery bay?

Re: Honda PA50ii battery alternative

A new smaller battery ? ;)

not a terrible idea! but it seems like most 6 volt .4 amp batteries are pretty bulky. maybe it doesn't have to be 6 volt, .4 amp tho. not even sure why you can't just jumper it in the first place. i guess you need some resistance. electrical is not my strong suit.

Depending on how much room you need , you might take a look at an SLA 6V2 .

> Brujito Forlan Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I've read that you can't just jumper the battery leads because the

> battery provides some protection against blowing your bulbs.

That's true but my roommate did it exactly that back in November and still hasn't blown any bulbs. You could always replace it with a capacitor.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account