Weak spark on stretched champ

Bobby Anderson /

Just pick this bad boy up the guy I got it from told me it needed a coil so I got my Google Ninja on and realize that there is about a hundred different things it could be besides the coil so figured I'd throw it on here and ask where I should really start ... good thing is I have a mint yamahopper that runs and rides great so if I have to I can pull parts off of that and put on this to diagnose what is working I was just trying to save that leg work.. that being said I'm not sure what parts interchange because I am learning a lot and I am under the assumption that they're not quite the same

15874294046841586135644.jpg

Re: Weak spark on stretched champ

Bobby Anderson /

Please help!!! Lol.. I noticed that the headlight doesn't work either not even flicker when I try to kick it over but the tail light comes on there's a brand new 6 volt battery in it but it doesn't look like it's the right one... I popped the side cover off the engine and it looks brand new inside but there is a little discoloration on whatever coil is on the top On the inside.. I believe that is the charge coil so maybe that is bad?

All of the ignition parts from the qt will swap over. I did the same thing with my champ. Mine had a bad stator ignition coil and a bad cdi box. Switch one part at a time and test.

As for the battery, doesnt matter what you use as long as the voltage is correct for your lights. It only acts as a reservoir to dump excess voltage when running at high rpms.

Bobby Anderson /

Okay thank you so much I figured that was probably the best solution I'll get on it and throwing update on here when I figure out what it was I can't wait to sit on this thing under its own power LOL.. my only fear is that it's in the stretch somewhere where some wires have been cut I was hoping there was like a way to test what voltage was supposed to be what and where but I think just swapping Parts would probably be easiest at this point

campeona del mundo /

holy fuckkkkk that bike is sick

Bobby Anderson /

Good morning all... okay going to try to keep it as short as possible but long story after diagnosing the fact that my spark was fine and changing everything under the sun realize that my carburetor was gummed up solid so I started poking around with my welding tip cleaner and ended up hogging out my needle and seat... well rather just the seat so now I turn on the gas and it just pours out the bottom of the carburetor which brings me to my search for help can I put a new seat in this thing or do I got to find another carburetor? Please help I know some of you moped gurus have ran into this situation ... I see that other carburetors have brass seats I'm wondering if I can't just drill the proper hole and put a brass seat in it? And I guess if I do got to replace the carb I need to know which ones interchange with all the vacuum lines all over it...

15889527244961297784100.jpg

Bobby Anderson /

OMG... I really need some advice on this thing before I just sell it so I think I might have fixed my carburetor issue then it won't fire up I go back to checking for spark and realize that my spark is great when I hold it in my hand and sometimes when I ground it to frame the very intermittent wondering if I need to do a better ground somewhere or is my charge coil bad and it's just not putting out enough voltage somebody please help or make me an offer on this thing LOL... if somebody could lead me in the right direction of what Ohms or voltage I need out of which wires at which points that would be great right now my test light tells me that when I kick it over the black and red wire lights up the test light and like I say if I hold the spark plug it shocks the hell out of me and I noticed that it actually Sparks better from the center diode of the spark plug over to whatever and grounding at 2 instead of the spark plug tip if that makes sense..Please help

your ground between the engine and frame is probably poor, put a ground strap or even just a good wire between aground on the engine and on the frame. right now it's probably only connected by a rubber mount at the pivot and rubber mounts on the shocks, that's at least a key 1st step and would explain why it doesnt seem to ground right, and why if there are any electrical parts grounded to 1 but not the other it wont spark reliably.

Bobby Anderson /

Yep I thought the exact same thing and when I first realized I had spark back good spark to the frame but not to the head I tried that exact same thing wired a wire right to the Head and my spark was still inconsistent at this point I have pulled off my stator my CDI and my coil I'm going to my running yamahopper which I heard is the same ignition and I'm going to start putting Parts on that bike and seeing what fails at this point I've tried everything that I can think of in that I've read as far as using my ohm meter and a test light and everything so far checks out within parameters that being said I did see a little bit of metal shavings from where it looked like somebody had turned it over with a impact or something and shaved off some of the bolt so maybe that was the issue I'm literally getting ready to go do it right now so I will post what I find out I've got about a million hours of time into this thing shaking my head wondering why I can pull my boot off and get a blue spark directly from my coil wire to anywhere on the bike the motor or engine rather and the frame but when I put a boot on and a spark plug in it the spark plug will not Spark from the electrode to the receiving end of spark plug... at this point I'm pretty convinced that my charge coil is weak and I just need to do the PW50 Swap and I'll probably be fine I will know for sure today after I put this CDI in the yamahopper and see if it fires or whatever it's called... I believe the stator is what I'm referring to and I always call it the CDI I'm learning these things LOL.. that being said I keep getting stumped because I have had this bike running and the spark issue seems like it wasn't there I shut it off because the carburetor started leaking again

LooooOoooOoooOooong boi

You gotta throughly clean the carburetor. Take it fully apart, clean every tiny little hole until it’s fully clear of even the tiniest little spot of grime.

Or replace the carb with a new one. Try a spritz of carb cleaner in the spark plug hole then put the plug back in and immediately try to fire it up. It should pop and run for a second at least.

> Chris Squid Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> You gotta throughly clean the carburetor. Take it fully apart, clean

> every tiny little hole until it’s fully clear of even the tiniest little

> spot of grime.

>

> Or replace the carb with a new one. Try a spritz of carb cleaner in the

> spark plug hole then put the plug back in and immediately try to fire it

> up. It should pop and run for a second at least.

Chlorinated carburetor cleaners are non-flammable .

Carb cleaner is a subpar cleaner that eats rubber and rubber type bits .

Ok boomer

> Chris Squid Wrote:

> Ok boomer

Why the attitude ?

Don’t mind me, just a little drunk tonight and had two windows open and responded to the wrong post. 🥴

Bobby Anderson /

LOL hey guys I appreciate all input whether it's Tipsy input or not LOL I've had the bike running the spark was the issue and that being said I just got back from my other place where I have my running moped and I'll tell you what I've never been more happy to not hear that things start long story short I diagnosed my CDI and Michael they both worked fine on the other bike as soon as I switched the other stater in no juice so I brought that stator home with me to this place and I'm now going to try and see if I got spark then I will see how it runs and address any future carburetor issues but that being said I did log out this seat pretty bad and I've done my best Dremel Wizardry to try to get it to receipt but it still does have a little drip when I leave the gas on so I might be in search of a carburetor for this thing update to come soon hopefully with a little video of this thing being a one kick Wonder

Bobby Anderson /

Okay it's a quarter to 2 in the morning and I'm throwing my hands up for the evening I've replaced everything I have everything from the other bike on here as far as coil stator and CDI box the only thing I have not changed is the flywheel and there is a crack on one of my magnets on this flywheel and I have been using a hammer to bang on the crank nut to give it some kinetic Break Free because I couldn't find my puller until this evening so I'm wondering if I haven't just ruined my flywheels I'm going to bed I'll tackle it again tomorrow when I get a chance...note to self..mopeds not good for OCD...smh

> Chris Squid Wrote:

> Don’t mind me, just a little drunk tonight and had two windows open and

> responded to the wrong post. 🥴

No worries . I've been called worse . LOL

> Bobby Anderson

You really expect people to try to read your posts ?

Please , use punctuation .

Bobby Anderson /

LMAO...

I didn't realize that my punctuation was so important to get a little help and support on fixing my scooter. I do apologize for anybody that had trouble following my ramblings. I FIXED IT!!!

It was the charge coil and pulse coil. Thanks for the help and if anyone needs to know more details just ask... As far as how I finally figured it out.

> Bobby Anderson Wrote:

> LMAO...

>

> I didn't realize that my punctuation was so important to get a little

> help and support on fixing my scooter. I do apologize for anybody that

> had trouble following my ramblings. I FIXED IT!!!

>

Good you got it fixed .

And , thanks for punctuating .

Ramblings are worthless and even less so when void of punctuation .

Why anyone could expect a positive result from negative input doesn't make sense .

But , stranger things have happened .

There's no space before a comma.

> Potr zebie Wrote:

> There's no space before a comma.

Better a little too much , than not enough . ;)(edited)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account